Liver is the largest internal organ in the human body and it’s located at the upper right of your abdomen. It plays a key role as filtration of blood, aiding in food digestion, maintaining metabolism and storing essential nutrients for the body.
Unfortunately, the death rate of liver disease in Malaysia has reached 3.05% of total death. It has become the top 10 leading causes of death in Malaysia. Liver diseases that are common among Malaysians are hepatitis, cirrhosis, liver cancer, ascites and gallstone. Common symptoms such as abdominal pain, jaundice, excessive fatigue, dark urine, pale stool, swelling in ankles and legs might be a warning sign of liver related disease from your body.
Therefore, it is important to maintain a healthy liver. Here are some tips you can apply in daily life.
- Drink a lot of water to help remove toxins.
- Take food high in fiber helps to promote liver health.
- Take food high in antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids that help to reduce inflammation and promote liver health.
- Maintain Healthy Weight (BMI 18.5 -24.9).
- Exercise can reduce liver stress and help to strengthen your heart muscle.
- Eat food high in sugar, salt, and fat.
- Eat Processed and fast-food.
- Drink too much alcohol intake and caffeine intake.
- Use of illicit od drug like marijuana,heroin, cocaine